Elizabeth Christy Law Firm PLLC
Call Today 360-695-2005

child support Archives

Can an order for child support be modified in the future?

Raising a child costs a lot of money. This is true even if the child's parents are no longer in a relationship with one another. When parents in Oregon divorce, it is often the case that the noncustodial parent will pay child support to the custodial parent. An initial child support order may work well for a while, but eventually the lives of the parents and children will change. For example, a parent may get a promotion and a raise, or they may lose their job. And the financial needs of a toddler are different than those of a teenager. For these reasons, sometimes parents will want to seek a modification of a current order for child support.

Elizabeth Christy Law Firm PLLC

1014 Franklin Street | Vancouver, WA, 98660 | Phone: 360-695-2005 | Map & Directions

1211 NW Glisan Street, Suite 203 | Portland, OR 97209 | Phone: 360-847-2900 | Map & Directions